Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Del.icio.us - Thing 11

I started out totally enthused about Del.icio.us. It sounded like a neat way not only to keep track of topics that interest me but also to find others who share those interests. I tagged a few website about community gardening then went looking for others who had also tagged those sites. This was a totally useless endeavor. Some people had over 4,000 tagged sites! Others tagged one gardening site and the rest of their tagged sites were totally off the topic of gardening! The only value I could possibly see in Del.icio.us was as a way to transfer bookmarks from home to work and vice versa. And I don't use bookmarks as a general rule, preferring instead to do a quick Google search to find sites I've already visited and need again.

No comments:

Ning Logo

Ning Logo