Friday, May 8, 2009

Other Social Networks - Thing 21

I have investigated a lot of this Thing over the course of several years just as part of my job. I joined Ning a looong time ago, contributed to one or two posts, and quit because it is just not something that appeals to me.

I joined Webjunction back in the day and, again, rarely use it.

Today, I looked at Gather. Now I know it's there but it's not something that I will ever look at again.

However, I did find a gardening social networking site, myfolia.com, which I joined and to which I have linked from my blog (see the list of links to the right). Since gardening is one of my interests we'll see if, over the coming year, I continue to use this site.

Of all of these sites, thus far Facebook still has the most appeal, mostly because it truly is a way of keeping up with friends and family. It offers a wide variety of other entertainments, as well.

I'm beginning to think that, because of limited time, I'll have to quit my job to keep up with all the social networking.

1 comment:

Carolnb said...

That seems a bit extreme.

Ning Logo

Ning Logo